The Dallas Cowboys have a big game this Sunday. The Cowboys came back against the New Orleans Saints last week to get to an 8-4 record and maintain control of the NFC East for now.
Dallas is on the road to take on the Washington Redskins Football Team, in their first meeting this season.
This game will be the first of two meetings. With 5 games to go, this matchup could nearly decide the NFC division.
A Dallas Cowboys win gives them a three-game lead with only four games left to play. A loss brings the Redskins back into the thick of things with only one game back with four left to play. This game is crucial for the Cowboys if they want to win the NFC East.
Washington is hot, after starting the season 2-6 and looking dead in the water. The Redskins have come off four straight victories to at least give them a chance for the NFC East and the Wild Card.
Let’s get into some game insights for this long-time rivalry and a prediction on who is going to win.
This Week 14 NFL game between Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins Football Team will take place at FedEx Field in Landover, MD at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 12, 2021 and will be televised on FOX.
Cowboys stats and trends
- Dallas has nine wins against the spread in12 games this year.
- The Cowboys have been favored by 4 points or more seven times this season and are 4-3 ATS in those matchups.
- Dallas has gone over the point total in 46.2% of its opportunities this year (six times in 13 games with a set point total).
- The Cowboys score 4.6 more points per game (29.4) than the Football Team give up (24.8).
- When Dallas scores more than 24.8 points, it is 7-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- The Cowboys average 416.3 yards per game, 61.1 more yards than the 355.2 the Football Team give up per matchup.
- In games that Dallas picks up over 355.2 yards, the team is 9-2 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- This year, the Cowboys have turned the ball over 16 times, four more than the Football Team’s takeaways (12).
Washington stats and trends
- Washington has five wins against the spread in 12 games this year.
- This season, the Redskins have just one ATS win in five games as an underdog of 4 points or more.
- Washington’s games this year have gone over the total in five out of 12 opportunities (41.7%).
- The Redskins put up just 1.8 fewer points per game (20.5) than the Cowboys give up (22.3).
- Washington is 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall when the team puts up more than 22.3 points.
- The Redskins average 345.6 yards per game, 26.9 fewer yards than the 372.5 the Cowboys allow.
- Washington is 1-3 against the spread and 2-2 overall when the team churns out over 372.5 yards.
- The Redskins have 17 giveaways this season, while the Cowboys have 23 takeaways.
Home and road insights
- At home this year, Washington has two wins against the spread and is 3-3 overall.
- At home, as 4-point underdogs or more, the Football Team are winless ATS (0-1).
- This year, in six home games, Washington has hit the over twice.
- This season, Redskins home games average 47.0 points, 0.5 fewer than this outing’s over/under (47.5).
- This season on the road, Dallas is 5-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- The Cowboys are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as 4-point favorites or more on the road.
- In six away games this year, Dallas has gone over the total twice.
- The average point total in Cowboys away games this season is 51.6 points, 4.1 more than this matchup’s over/under (47.5).
- Dallas games this season have gone over 47.5 points seven of 13 times.
- So far this season, 50% of Washington’s games (6/12) have had more combined points than Sunday’s total of 47.5.
- The combined points per game average of the two teams, 49.9, is 2.4 points greater than Sunday’s over/under.
- These two squads combine to allow 47.1 points per game, 0.4 fewer than this contest’s over/under.
- The average total in Cowboys games this season is 51.7, 4.2 points more than Sunday’s total of 47.5.
- The 46.6 PPG average total in Football Team games this season is 0.9 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Dallas vs Redskins Predictions
Prediction: Dallas Cowboys -3.5 and UNDER 47.5